Friday, March 26, 2010

The Wedding Night!

Close your dirty minds, people!

Just about two weeks (!) until the wedding, and I've had a change of heart regarding our wedding night accommodations. I always thought money was going to be very tight, and so I figured staying at my apartment on our wedding night would be a reasonable way to save money. However, as the day approaches, our budget improves and my apartment gets messier and messier, the thought of coming back to my basement cave after our wedding makes me very depressed. Particularly considering what it represents- I had really been looking forward to moving into a new apartment right after our wedding, but now, we will not be moving for several months, opting instead to have Marc move into my place in the interim. My place is already small, smaller every time a wedding gift gets delivered (not that we mind the gifts!), and I think once he moves his stuff in, it's going to be a total nightmare. For one night, I'd like to be able to pretend I'll be living in the lap of luxury.

Why are hotel rooms always bigger and nicer than my apartment?

So, I'm looking at hotels! Leaning toward the Waldorf-Astoria, so we can do the decadent Sunday Brunch at Peacock Alley the next morning. Seriously, look at this menu. Incredible! After weeks of closely watching my diet to make sure I don't put on any last-minute pounds, 6 kinds of Eggs Benedict sounds like just what the doctor ordered.