Friday, March 19, 2010

Operation Get Nice Nails Commences

I've never been big on nails- I was a nail biter way back in the day, so for as long as I can remember, I've kept my nails trimmed very, very short. But that just won't do for the wedding day! I'd like to grow my nails out a little to make my sausage fingers look a little longer.

New York City is a great city to care about your nails. There are nail salons everywhere! And because of the competition, services are wicked cheap. I got a pedicure AND a manicure tonight for $18 (plus a nice tip).

I'm going to get a manicure every week (or as needed) until the wedding. That sounds like a lot, but it's only 3 weeks away! AHHHHHHH! I was reading some book the other day that suggested you get weekly manicures for 3 months before the wedding. I'm vain but not that vain.

I'm hoping to use my weekly manicures as a trial period for different polish colors. Tonight's color is "Blushing Bride"- and yes, the name is totally why I picked it. It's very sheer and subtle- a little too subtle for my taste. I want a simple, subdued color, but I want something that looks like more than a clear polish. It's good for this first week, though.