Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A hand for the toaster

Isn't this a lovely toaster?

When did toasters go out of fashion as wedding gifts? When did they suddenly become the butt of every joke? "Hope you don't end up with 16 toasters!" "Gotta register, or all you'll wind up with is toasters!" You're looking at a girl who does not own a toaster. I've been coasting by for years just toasting things in the regular oven, but now that I'm going to be a married lady, I've decided I would like a toaster. I cannot lie: the main reason I want a toaster is so I can make Eggo Waffles. You can't make an Eggo in the oven! As a result, I haven't had one in years, and I am craving them hardcore. I was just thinking today about how I ate them for breakfast when I was younger. An Eggo Waffle with rainbow chip frosting. Yes, my mother let me have a waffle with frosting for breakfast. And it was delicious. Probably couldn't stomach it now, but I hope to have a toaster soon so I can find out!