Thursday, March 18, 2010

Beauty Time! First up, facercise!

With the wedding a mere ::gulp:: 23 days away, it's time to start getting beautiful! Well, let's be serious, I'm always working to get more beautiful, but now the task seems ever more urgent! The first item on my beauty to-do list is a bit controversial- face exercises.


Yeah, that's right, I facercise. Scoff all you want, that stuff WORKS. I did a 30-day stint last year, and I could definitely see the improvements when it was all done. Which begs the question, why don't I do it all the time? Laziness, pure and simple. It's not like the results were astounding- no one came up to me and said, my word! Look at your new, improved face! I couldn't pinpoint one thing in particular that changed for the better; all I know is that after I had been doing it for awhile, my face looked fresher and more alive. Which is important when you're an olive-skinned girl, particularly at this time of year. I don't want to be green at my wedding! Even if the positive results are all in my head, that's good enough for me. So anyway, if you happen to spot me on the bus in the coming weeks, squeezing my eyes shut and moving my eyebrows up and down, know that it's all being done for a good cause!