Monday, February 1, 2010

Give My Regards to Broadway

One of my wedding day dreams is to get away after the reception for a little while to do some city shots. Any spring or summer Saturday, you see brides and grooms out and about in the city, getting great shots in Central Park, next to the Brooklyn Bridge, or outside The Plaza. Kella MacPhee featured a couple awhile back who went to my #1 dream photo spot- Times Square! This might ruin my New Yorker cred, but I love Times Square. The lights, the colors, the excitement! People from all over the world standing around, captivated. All sorts of New York weirdos running around, trying to get their money. And me, sitting on the steps of the new TKTS booth, watching it all while I kill time before seeing a Broadway show or meeting a friend for dinner. I can think of no better place to be in love. The Naked Cowboy agrees- he wants to open a Times Square Wedding Chapel! A Times Square full of brides 24/7- now that's an idea that wins my vote.