Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bridal Dress Up Time!

I played bride dress up the other night for the first time in a long time. Every now and then I like to remind myself that I am the most beeeeeuutiful bride in the world. A few observations:

*I am unable to zip my gown up myself. I suppose this is what people have attendants for!
*There is a SMALL STAIN ON MY GOWN! CALL 911! It's a teeny, tiny copper smudge near the bottom. I noticed it right when I was pulling the dress on. Hopefully they can get it out during alterations.
*In other bad news, I noticed some little rips and holes in my mother's veil. I suppose that's to be expected, since it's over 25 years old, but it's still a bummer. Will not play with it anymore until the wedding!
*Speaking of alterations, I really need to call and make my appointment(s) this week. I definitely need a bustle, and I think I'm going to need a little nipping around the waist. Thankfully, I think the length is perfect!
*I also need to work on making sure my shoes are worn in- the bottoms look pretty slick. Perhaps wear them around the block a few times during dog walks?
*Still trying to figure out how exactly I'm going to style myself for the day. I'm set for the ceremony- the long-sleeved bolero that came with the dress and my traditional veils. I love this look, I feel so Grace Kelly. But I still think it might be fun to switch things up as the day goes by. Do I take off the veils and put in the flower I bought? Do I take off the jacket, do I buy a new short-sleeved jacket, do I grab a pashmina, what? I suppose I have all day to do things, I could do one change an hour! Like some sort of award show host- look at this, look at this, look at this.