Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pom-Pom Decorations

One of the first fabulous wedding things I learned about reading the blogs was the famous Martha Stewart Tissue Paper Pom-Pom.


I had a chance to go to a taping of the Martha Stewart Show (which was so fun, BTW), and they even have a few hanging in the studio! I knew I'd want to use these myself. They're such a cute touch, and the reception hall at our church has the perfect ceiling fixtures to hang them from.

I also like that they're so affordable to make. I bought the Martha-recommended 20x30 tissue paper from PaperMart (tried it with smaller paper, which didn't work so well), and some floral wire and a nice pair of scissors at Michael's. Total cost? Something like $30. And now I'm all set to make 60 pom-poms. Or, you know, a more reasonable number plus a full tissue paper wedding ensemble.

I ended up going with lavender for the pom-poms- I really like purple, and wasn't sure if I'd have a chance to incorporate it anywhere else in the wedding, so I'm glad I have a chance to get it in here. Marc, as you can see, is also very, very glad, as he models my trial lavender pom-pom on his head.