Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bit by bit, putting invites together


A sample of our invites from Costco.com (not any of our info)

I started addressing wedding invitations last night. Ok, so I only did one. That's a start! Maybe tonight I'll do one more. I don't get why they suggest starting to address wedding invites so early- I've seen it suggested that you start 3, 4 months before the wedding. You're talking to a girl who did 100+ Christmas Cards last year- it didn't take me 3 months. It didn't even take me a month! So, yes, I'm probably going to put this off as long as possible and then write a crazed WHY DID I PUT THIS OFF SO LONG post that will make you cry. Or maybe my slow and steady approach will help me win the race. It'll definitely help with my handwriting.

In the meantime, I'm also working on updating my address book. I generally do a big holiday card mailing this time of year (not this year, invites are enough), so my address book is in decent shape, but there are lots of new addresses to throw in there. I'm enjoying seeing how many different countries we'll be sending invites to- in addition to the US, we're sending invites to folks in the UK, China, Brazil, Canada, Romania, Italy, and South Korea. Looks like I'll be needing a lot of 98 cent stamps! Thank goodness for Shop.USPS.com. I bought stamps online last year for the first time, and I'll tell you, I did not miss wasting an hour standing at the post office one little bit.