Monday, November 2, 2009

Bridal Fairs and I don't have a song

I went to a bridal fair tonight. I don't know why I like to go to those things- I already have a dress, a venue, a photographer, and pretty much everything else I'm interested in spending my money on. What's the point? Oh yeah, CAKE!!! This one had lots of treats floating around, and I did my best to track down each and every one of them. I had several little button cookies, white cake with maple brown sugar icing, a little shot of milk, and all the candy I could find (as if I didn't get enough on Halloween). Even brought home some treats in a cup for Marc, since I knew he'd never forgive me if I ate cake without him. In addition to treats, there were lots of models in pretty dresses to look at, and really, who tires of that?

I did meet one vendor that piqued my interest- a private wedding dance studio. Marc and I love music, we love to dance, and we're not bad dancers, but we could definitely use some help putting our first dance together. Even a song would be a good start. I try to go through my iPod to find something that would be appropriate, but all I end up with is crazy ideas like "I should TOTALLY walk down the aisle to 'Circus' by Britney Spears" or "I wonder how many people would notice if we danced to 'You are the Music in Me' from High School Musical 2?" Clearly, my ridiculous taste in music doesn't help.